[아이오로라] [신입/경력] 영상처리 응용프로그램 개발 정규직 모집
[아이오로라] [신입/경력] 영상처리 응용프로그램 개발 정규직 모집
Analytical Chemist (Entry-level Opportunity)
Abbott Laboratories, Abbott Park, IL
애벗 연구소, 분석화학자 구인
2019/01/19~채용 시 마감
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world - in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals - that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Analytical Chemist - Center for Materials Characterization
Internal Job Title: Scientist – Technical Support
As a member of our Materials Characterization Team, you will play a key role in improving product performance by building expertise on the product’s materials properties. You will use engineering and analytical principals to work with products, components, and processes in a collaborative environment to implement product improvements. Your particular focus will be R&D and on-market product technical support and improvement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Conducts chemical analysis of polymers, reagents, raw materials, resins and additives by FTIR.
• Analyzes samples by microscopy.
• Performs sample separation, filtration buffer preparation.
• Performs various tests to determine if outcomes are within parameters and reviews completed process
• Interprets results of tests and consults the outcomes.
• Maintains complete and accurate records of all testing activities. Documents testing process.
• Prepares written reports weekly and monthly.
• Provides support for major projects that have potential impact on product quality, cost and supply.
• Cleans and performs daily maintenance on equipment as necessary.
• Adheres to environmental and safety procedures associated with lab processes and procedures.
Potential Additional Responsibilities:
Proactively contribute to design control or process/product improvement activities and investigations. Perform
or support test/process method modifications; recognize adverse trends/emerging issues; and
Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
1. Project Management - Manage product and process improvements independently using established
principles and procedures.
2. Product and Process Improvement - Monitor performance of multiple manufacturing processes and
products differing in nature but with recurring themes to recognize adverse trends and instigate improvement
programs as required. Proactively contribute to design control; process and product improvement activities;
and investigations. May perform or support test and process method modifications. Recognize adverse trends
and emerging issues. Propose and implement solutions to internal and external issues.
3. Design Control & Risk Management - By standard practice (Operating Procedures) independently
develops; and maintains risk management files and organizes data for risk management evaluation and
4. Complaint and Internal Investigations - Manage investigations; identify root cause and drive to resolution
with minimal supervision. Provides audit inputs and support as required.
5. Technical Support - Develop and design experiments; analyze data and recommend next steps.
6. Sharing Knowledge - Presents technical information to management and may present externally to
customers and Third Party Manufacturers (TPM). Shares knowledge and expertise with others in work group.
Mentors or teaches others to facilitate timely resolution of product and process technical issues.
7. Strategic and Results Orientation - Demonstrates fiscal responsibility through support of product availability
IDEAL/HIGHLY PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
•Minimum 3 years industry experience in a laboratory setting
• Must have experience using FTIR and microscopy
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in STEM, Chemistry, Materials Science, Polymer Science, or equivalent;
• Demonstrated initiative and problem-solving skills; critical thinking skills;
• Ability to design experiments, analyze and interpret data, and document conclusions;
• Ability to collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary team members and also to work independently;
• Very strong investigational skills, drive to understand and solve problems;
• Propensity for continuous learning and experimentation.
• Experience with statistical software.
• Will work with samples that include human blood and blood components using procedural controls and personal protective equipment
Higher Certificate; Ordinary or Honors Bachelor degree in scientific and technical field is desired or relevant
combination of education and experience.
Minimum Experience / Training Required
2 years’ related work experience. (Advanced degree(s) may offset required years of experience).