명지병원 교수 초빙
명지병원 교수 초빙
Physical Scientist / Physical science policy and planning analyst - Inventory
Government of Canada
캐나다 정부, 물리과학자, 물리학 정책 계획 분석가 구인
2019/01/13~채용 시 마감
Natural Resources Canada - Strategic Policy and Results Sector - Canada Centre for Mapping and Earth Observation
Ottawa (Ontario), Sherbrooke (Québec)
PC-01, PC-02, PC-03
PC-01 : $35,267 - $70,309; PC-02: $68,891-$82,590; PC-03: $83,007-$98,777
For further information on the organization, please visit Natural Resources Canada
Closing date: N/A
Who can apply: Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request special accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
Information on accommodation for persons with disabilities
When you apply to this selection process, you are not applying for a specific job, but to an inventory for future vacancies. As positions become available, applicants who meet the qualifications may be contacted for further assessment.
The inventory will be used to staff vacancies with various tenures including temporary (casual or part-time worker) and term (including acting appointments) and permanent (indeterminate). Under certain conditions, candidates appointed to a casual or term position may subsequently be appointed indeterminately to the same position. As various positions will be filled from this inventory, a complete statement of merit criteria is not provided at this time. The criteria listed are those requirements to be met for entry into the inventory. Should you be contacted for further consideration, the hiring manager will provide a copy of the complete Statement of Merit Criteria for the position being filled. At that time, you may be required to provide additional information to be used for screening and assessment. The merit criteria may be assessed each time using a variety of assessment methods in accordance with the position requirements. Where relevant and as a means to manage volume, we may randomly select candidates from the inventory as opportunities arise.
The Government of Canada is committed to building a skilled workforce that is representative of Canada's diversity, which includes the recruitment of Canadian Veterans and releasing Canadian Armed Forces personnel:
We encourage applicants to identify any abilities, competencies, and/or experiences acquired through employment with the Canadian Armed Forces where applicable.
Intent of the process
Candidates may be referred from this inventory for various positions based on the needs of the organization, asset qualifications, or random selection. The inventory will be updated every 90 days. If your application is part of the inventory, you will receive a system generated email notice in your applicant account 10 days before that period. The notice will ask you whether your application should continue to remain active for an additional 90 days. Failure to respond to the email will result in the inactivation of your application. You will need to reactivate your application to be considered for staffing opportunities.
The inclusion of your application into the inventory will depend on the responses provided to the questionnaire. The information you provide in the questionnaire must be true. Your résumé will be verified by Natural Resources Canada staff during the referral of your application to a hiring manager. You must ensure that all of the experience criteria you identify in the questionnaire are included in your résumé. If your résumé is selected for a process and your experience is not clearly demonstrated, your application may be rejected. Any false or fraudulent information will result in the rejection of your application.
Positions to be filled: Number to be determined
Information you must provide
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
A degree from a recognized post-secondary institution with acceptable specialization in physics, geology, chemistry, computer science, engineering, geomatics or some other science related to the position.
Experience collecting data or conducting analyzes or testing methodologies: practices and techniques in the scientific field related to the position (example: computer science, engineering, geomatics, mathematics, etc.)
Experience preparing reports
Experience applying or adapting methods and techniques to achieve the desired results
Experience compiling, synthesizing and analyzing scientific data from various sources
Experience leading group work, including multidisciplinary scientific teams
Experience leading and executing projects
Experience providing advice to an organization's scientists as a specialist in the area of expertise related to the position (please specify)
If you possess any of the following, your application must also clearly explain how you meet it (other qualifications)
Master's degree in a field related to the position
•Experience to set up and manage databases
•Experience conducting research
•Experience using applications and software related to the area of expertise
•Experience identifying approaches and setting project objectives
•Experience learning from external sources about improvements to data / software, programs, and systems
•Experience managing projects
•Experience preparing technical, scientific or strategic reports, and presenting the results of the work to technicians and professionals
•Experience using applications and software related to the area of expertise
•Experience collaborating with groups and organizations
•Experience handling, interpreting, processing and / or analyzing data in the area of expertise (please specify)
•Experience using multiple programming languages
•Experience communicating with central agencies
•Experience researching and working in the field of specialization
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
Various language requirements
English or French
Bilingual imperative: BBB / BBB
Bilingual imperative: CBC / CBC
Information on language requirements
Knowledge of methods of collecting, managing and analyzing information related to the field of the position
Knowledge of the positions, plans and strategic objectives of the Canadian Center for Mapping and Earth Observation and the Department (Natural Resources Canada)
Knowledge of technological progress and national and international markets related to the area of expertise
All Streams :
Ability to work effectively with others
Ability to communicate effectively in writing
Ability to communicate effectively orally
Ability to learn
Demonstrate integrity and respect
Show initiative and be action-oriented
Thinking Things Through
The following may be applied / assessed at a later date (may be needed for the job)
All streams :
Knowledge of Computer programming, the Web, or geographic information systems
Knowledge of Methods, plans and objectives associated with the projects
Knowledge of Research-related activities / projects in a specialized field at the national / international level
Knowledge of Trends, initiatives and scientific issues related to the industry
Knowledge of Scientific / sectoral mandates, policies, plans and objectives of the Sector / Ministry and other governmental / academic organizations
Knowledge of Objectives of the organization's scientific program and needs / interests related to the activities of industry, government or the public
Natural Resources Canada is committed to establishing and maintaining a representative workforce. Qualified candidates who self-declare as members of a visible minority group, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities or women (in non-traditional occupations) could be selected to meet an employment equity gap.
Consent and ability to travel in Canada (and abroad), including cars, trains and planes
Consent and ability to work overtime and to adopt flexible work schedules according to operational requirements
** OPERATIONAL REQUIREMENTS MAY VARY DEPENDING ON THE POSITION BEING STAFFED.
Conditions of employment
Reliability Status security clearance - Secret Status security clearance
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the targeted groups when you apply.
Information on employment equity
1. All applications must be submitted online through the Public Service Resourcing System (PSRS). DO NOT email, fax or mail in applications, as these will NOT be accepted.
2. Acknowledgment of receipts of applications will not be sent; we will only contact successful applicants when the screening process has been completed.
3. It is recommended that you describe the experience examples in specific terms, providing sufficient details so that the Assessment Board can clearly understand. Describe the Situation/Task, the Action you took, what the Results were, what you accomplished and/or what you learned. Your CV/résumé must support content of your response as your responses to these questions will be used as a primary source of information and your CV/résumé will only be used to validate this information.
4. Applicants are required to meet the Essential Qualifications. Asset Qualifications MAY be applied at any point in the assessment process. Therefore, you are strongly encouraged to answer Asset Qualifications questions in your online application. Applicants do not need to meet any/all of the Asset Qualifications for consideration, however, possessing any/all of the Asset Qualifications may increase the likelihood of being considered for an appointment.
5. For this staffing process, our intention is to communicate with applicants by e-mail. This may include: information requests, invitations, online examination administration, provision of assessment results, etc.
6. Applicants must include in their application a valid e-mail address that is functional at all times and accepts messages from unknown users. Some e-mail systems block this type of e-mail so ensure to check / view your spam folder regularly.
7. Candidates should be prepared to provide proof of education (copy of degree/diploma) and citizenship or permanent resident status. If you have obtained education outside Canada, you will be required to submit proof of evaluation of Canadian equivalency.
8. Candidates with foreign credentials must provide proof of Canadian equivalency. Consult the Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials for further information at http://www.cicic.ca/.
9. Candidates from outside the public service may be required to pay for travel costs associated with this selection process.
10. Performance Management Agreements and Talent Management information may be used in the selection of candidates for appointments.
11. An exam may be administered
12. An interview may be conducted
13. Reference checks may be sought
Preference will be given to veterans and to Canadian citizens, in that order.
Information on the preference to veterans
For more information, https://emploisfp-psjobs.cfp-psc.gc.ca/psrs-srfp/applicant/page1800?poster=1159034